Current Size: 100%
Newly constructed in 2008, The Jeffrey is a modern, LEED Gold certified, mixed-use development with 80 apartments and street-front commercial space in the heart of downtown Portland’s West End.
Although it is new construction, The Jeffrey is considered a preservation project, serving as replacement housing for the former Jefferson West Apartments formerly located around the corner from this site.
Twenty-five of the units are funded with case management services, meeting the City of Portland’s permanent supportive housing goals to address homelessness. These units are managed by Outside In, Cascadia, NW Pilot Project and Central City Concern. Cascadia provides resident service coordination for the entire building.
- 80 apartments for households at or below 50% MFI (including 50 units at or below 30% MFI):
- 30 units with project-based Section 8 subsidy (Twenty five of these units operate as Permanent Supportive Housing managed by four non- profit service providers.)
- 20 units with public housing subsidy.
- LEED Gold certified building, courtyard with bio-swales, a transit-oriented development with trolley access
- 3,500 sq ft of ground floor commercial space leased to Outside In
- Financial: City of Portland (PDC Urban Renewal TIF); Oregon Housing and Community Services (LIHTC 9% credits & Housing Trust Funds)
- Design and Construction: Howard S. Wright
- Initial Development: Homestead Capital